Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving celebration last week. It all started with our first Thanksgiving meal on Sunday at our friends, the Penturfs, home. Samuel enjoyed a few minutes of the party asleep on their bed (As seen in the picture below). This get together was the anniversary of the day we found out Samuel was on his way :).

We then drove up to Kansas City and flew to Nashville from there. Samuel was a great traveller! He didn't make a peep on the plane. The flight left at 9:15pm, so I expected he'd sleep for most of it. He only slept for about 30 minutes of it, but he was very content and well behaved. The flight back required a few trips down the aisle to keep him calm, but he never screamed or cried loud enough to disturb the other passengers. Here he is on the plane with mommy...

And, with daddy...


I was kind of a slacker about taking pictures while we were there, so my words will have to suffice. We drove to Chattanooga on Tuesday night to meet up with our good friends Jason and Claire for dinner. Then the rest of the week we hung out at Gigi and Grandaddy's house with my parents (Gigi and Grandaddy), the Aunts, and Great Grandma Pfister. Bud and I went out on a date to Pancake Pantry (If you are ever in Nashville, you have to go there... it's the best breakfast ever! It's also where Bud took me before he proposed.) and the mall. It was nice to have the grandparents babysit for us! Also, I ran in my first race in over a year. It wasn't my best performance, but I finished :) It probably wasn't the easiest to start with a 5 mile race... Oh well. We watched the Cowboys and the Titans win. Friday we had a photographer come to the house to take some pictures of all 7 of us. Here are the few pictures I did take (hopefully I can get some new ones posted when mom, Lauren, and Alyssa send me theirs.)...
Gigi, Holly, and Sam on the back porch...


Bud and Sam watching football.

Before Thanksgiving dinner... Sam is wearing his "My First Thanksgiving" bib, even though he didn't consume any Thanksgiving dinner. It was just there to catch his drool.


No comments: