Monday, August 3, 2009

Samuel's Birthday Party

The sand and water table was a BIG hit! We've already spent a lot of time out there and it was great entertainment at the birthday party. We had planned on swimming, but a big storm rolled in that morning.
Now that he's one he wants to play with the big kids :).
And, of course, the cake! He wasn't a huge fan... again. He'd been sick all week and really didn't have much of an appetite. So, he swirled around some icing and then just started flinging icing on the floor, wall, and anything/anyone else that got in his way. I really don't think he ate more than a couple of bites of it. I guess it's a good thing that he doesn't have a sweet tooth! Bring on the veggies!!

The cake...
The "smash cake" before it's demolition...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks so fun! That cake is cute. Did you make it? Was Sam sick the week before his birthday? Stomach bug? (I hope not!!!)