Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Tree


We got a real Christmas tree this year. It's time to put our old, cheap, Charlie Brown tree in the garage sale pile! This is the first time either of us have had a real tree since we were little, so we kind of guessed on how to put the lights on and all, but I think it turned out okay. Sam has been fascinated with all the "ba" (balls) on the tree, but has been really good about not messing with it. Just in case he gets more curious about it, all the fragile ornaments are out of his reach. He's really getting into the Christmas spirit! He loves to wear his Santa hat and every morning he asks to open the advent calendar (because he realized there was candy in there and now asks to open it several times a day, but I'm pretending it is because he's so excited about celebrating the coming of Christ Jesus!).



2 comments:

Little S said...

Glad we're not the only ones who still get a real tree. :) It's the only way to go!

Alyssa said...

I love the tree - looks great! I especially like the star on top. I bought a 2 foot fake tree in Nairobi - but it's better than nothing! I put it up while watching a Christmas movie!