Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow Days


Here are some pics of Sam in the snow over the past few weeks... For those of you not around here, we've had a lot of it already this winter (Global warming?!?). Kids have been off school all week this week and there is still a significant amount of snow on the ground (not by Spencer Iowa standards, but by Arkansas standards). As much as I like the snow, I'm ready for the kids to get back to school... they crowd our indoor play places (McDonalds, Barnes and Noble, Jump Zone, and the Library) and I hate that my teacher friends have to go into June now! But, Sam is enjoying kicking the snow, trying to shake it off his mittens, and watching Clara run in circles through it. We attempted sledding, but our sled popped and a snow angel, but he hates to lie on his back :). So, for now, I bundle him up, send him out to kick it around with Clara for a minute or so while watching through the window in the warmth of my home (except for today because it's way too cold!)... then spend another little while unbundling him and trying to steal some cuddles while he warms up (usually unsuccessfully).

No comments: