- He continues to add words to his vocabulary. He's using his language a little more to tell us what he wants and not just to label items or repeat what we say.
- New words this month (for my record, you don't have to read them all :)) - "tsss" (yes), "pee boo" (peek-a-boo), "moe" (more), "luice" (juice... I'm not sure how to spell his pronunciation of this word... there's some spitting involved somehow), "gicko" (pickle), "guckee" (yogurt... I'm not sure where this came from, but it's really cute when he says it!), "gack" (duck and quack), "nigh" (nigh-night), "Bah" (bye bye), "ga" (car), "Memo" (Elmo... this one was quite a surprise because we never watch Elmo. I have no idea where he learned it! But he's always right... when he says "memo" there is an Elmo nearby, usually on toys, books, or movies when walking through Walmart.) and "Gugee" (blankie).
- He carries on conversations with himself while playing even more than last month. I wish I could get a video of it, but he always stops when he notices I'm listening. :)
- He makes kissing noises and mimics vehicle noises.
Fine Motor Skills...
- He can complete a his chunky piece puzzles or peg puzzles all by himself. He can find where the piece goes and turn it until it fits. He does get frustrated when the piece doesn't fit right away, but will keep trying while yelling in frustration.
- He enjoys coloring for a slightly longer period of time. We still aren't to the stage where coloring can be used to get him to sit quietly, but he's getting more interested.
Large Motor Skills...
- He now is tall enough to climb onto the couch without help. I found him watching his movie the other day like this...
- He mimics motions from his movie "World Animal Adventure." There is a song at the end that talks about moving like the animals and he attempts to do exactly what the kids on the tv were doing... running, flying, crawling, swimming, hopping, etc. It is adorable! I now realize why he's been doing some strange motions when playing by himself too... he's dancing to that song!
His interests...
- Loves his "action figures"... "ba Bill" (although, in the last week, he dropped the "Ba" and it's just Bill now... so sad!) and "gaco" (Paco).
- Puzzles
- His Bible... He "reads" it with great expression and passion, more so than any other book :)
- Finger Plays... The Itsy Bitsy Spider, My God is so Big, Patty Cake, and Open Shut Them are his favoites... sometimes Five Little Monkeys.
- Trains and Cars... He wakes up and looks out the window for a "ga" (car) since there is no longer "oo" (snow) out there.

2 comments:
Such a big guy! Stop depriving him of Elmo! :) You will learn to love his annoying voice.
I love the update and the pics. He's blessed with such a happy childhood. You are Bud are doing an awesome job training up this mighty man! Love, Gigi
Post a Comment