Friday, September 10, 2010

Train, Train!

We headed into the city again last weekend. After staying close to home all week, I'm always excited about a weekend outing. Bud would rather lay low on the weekends, but he's been a good sport. His only requirement this past weekend was to make sure he got to watch the Mizzou game. We got back a little late, but DVR is a wonderful invention :)

We took the train to the city. We wanted to figure the train system out before you all come to visit! And, the train is entertainment in itself for a two year old. He loved it! He carries his ticket around with him and refers back to the train all day long. While on the train he was talking and singing quite loudly, so we told him to be quieter. Now, every time we reference the train or hear the train, he says "train... choo-choo... keys... vroom-vroom... shhh."
We then went to the Reading Terminal Market for crepes... Can't wait to take you all here when you come to visit!

And, then to Franklin Square... a great park in the middle of the city. They have a really cute mini-golf course with Philadelphia themed obstacles, a fountain, playground...
... and a carousel. This was much better than our last attempt at the carousel a few months ago at the Nashville Zoo. That time I had to hold him, crying the whole time around until it finally stopped. This time, he loved riding Smarty Jones with Papa!
Lastly, we walked around Old City to see some of the historic sites and ended at Penn's Landing for a flying machine show. We didn't stick around for the show after seeing the lines, but it was nice to see the venue as we will likely be back for other events that are held there. We are learning about lots of fun venues to show you all when you come up here! :)

5 comments:

kate said...

Ooooh...there are some people at the Reading Terminal Market with incredible cookies. Kind of like double doozies if I remember correctly. Such a fun city outing via the train!

Unknown said...

I can't wait! I hope you're checking out some good activities for cold weather visits!
You take the best pictures--of course, you have great material to work with!

Kari said...

Can't wait for New Year's in Philly!!

amatz said...

I hope we get to come after the new baby is here!

Alyssa said...

So fun! Great pics! I'm so glad you get to live in such an entertaining city. Looking forward to visiting November 2011!