Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Gender Speculation

I wanted to record some aspects of my pregnancy with B2. And, also, hear your speculations on the gender of B2. I've put a poll up in the sidebar and look forward to seeing your baseless predictions. :) Here's some info to get you guessing...
- Heart rate has averaged in the 140's.
- I have felt more sick with this baby than with Samuel... general nausea and A LOT of food aversions. This lasted till about 16 weeks. However, just yesterday, I gagged at the sight of sandwich thins :)
- I've felt much more physically fatigued in this pregnancy than the last, probably because of chasing around a busy toddler.
- This baby moves like crazy! My doctor has me doing a kick count to see how long it takes for the baby to kick or move 10 times. I've been doing this for about two weeks now. It has never been more than 5 minutes and usually is under 2. The record is 37 seconds (which we have hit twice now). I didn't have to do this with Samuel, so I don't have a reference point, but I imagine it would have taken a lot longer. I am very interested to see what this means about this baby's personality.
- When B2 moves, it hurts. He/she must be very boney. :) He/she loves to kick under my ribs or pelvic bone, loves to jump up and down on my bladder, and stretch out causing me to feel kicks on both sides of my stomach at the same time.
- I craved cheese sticks in the first trimester and cereal in the second trimester. Now, in the third trimester, I only crave things that I shouldn't eat... at least not for a meal (i.e. cokes, nachos, candy, etc). :)
- I started "looking pregnant" around 27 weeks (not just fat).
- Most people are surprised that my due date is so soon. I've gained less than average weight and it appears to be localized in my belly. I never know what to say when people say, "You are due in December? You are so small!" Umm, "Thanks?"
- At my ultrasound last week, baby was measuring 4 lbs 3 oz... which is a little ahead of schedule!! YEAH!

That's all I can think of now. Let me know if you need more info to make your prediction. Looking forward to watching the tally :)

3 comments:

kate said...

I can't believe you are so far along in your pregnancy...THIRD trimester!! I can't wait to see you tomorrow night, and I really can't wait to meet B2! :) Safe travels, and see you soon!! Yay!!!!

amatz said...

do you have diabetes?

Little S said...

I vote boy--boys are the best. :) And, no you do not look like you are due in December. You look fabulous!! It was great to see you and Sam. We'll see if Kellen can tackle someone next time we're at the park. Ha!