My childhood dog, Holly, passed away this morning. She was a great dog for the Pfister pfamily and will be greatly missed! Some of my memories of Holly (those of you who knew her please add some memories in the comments!!)...
- She was a BIG Christmas surprise for me and my sisters 14 years ago, after many years of begging. Despite Mom and Dad's warning that she was very anxious, I screamed at the sight of her about giving her a heart attack.
- She could eat anything. We liked to say she had an iron stomach. She would eat a bowl of Hersey Kisses and leave the wrappers behind and have no ill effects. And, no food was safe... even on the counter. The microwave was a common place to store food so Holly couldn't get to it.
- She ran MANY miles every day for her first 10 years or so. She would go running with Dad in the morning, then one or all three of us girls would take her in the afternoon... usually at different times. She was known to go 10+ miles in a day frequently. She still ran with Dad, on shorter routes, 'till about a year ago!
- She was great with Sambo. He met her at 9 weeks old and they have been great friends ever since. Any Dalmation he sees is now "Holly." Not sure how to explain this to him. I'm pretty sure he will ask about her next time we go to Nashville.
She pretty much thought she was a human...
Bud and my first Christmas together... Holly was only allowed on the couch if there was a blanket for her to lay on. No, she wasn't spoiled :)
Sam meeting Holly... As you can see, he approved!
3 comments:
Oh, Holly!!!! I remember house sitting for our famiy (many times) and hanging with Holls :) There was one time I let her out & she took off for a run. I remember being so scared she wouldn't come back, but she did!!! Sweet girl! I know she will be missed!!!
This is precious, Les. Thanks for the grins as we remember so many fun, funny, and fantastic Holly times. Love you, Mama
That's SO sad!! I'm a dog person, so I feel your pain. By the way, I love the bubble picture on facebook. Ha!
Post a Comment