Sunday, December 4, 2011

12 Months Old

We celebrated baby girls birthday yesterday and today. We all enjoyed celebrating her and watching her enjoy her special day. More details on her birthday to come in a separate post. But, for now, here's a glimpse of Emma Jean at 1 year old... 
- She loves books. I wouldn't say she loves to read books, but she loves to hand us books, flip through a few pages, then get down to get another books. She also enjoys pretend reading, talking as she turns the pages. 
- Her ninth tooth popped up and possibly her tenth, but she doesn't like when I try to check so I'm not sure. :) 
- She can point to her head. And, maybe her mouth. 
- She signs "all done," but that's it. We've been working on please, thank you, and more to avoid so much grunting!
- Emma figured out how to get down off a couch or chair by sliding off on her belly.
- She pretends to put GermX on her hands after a diaper change. She reaches toward the bottle and rubs her little hands together. 
- As of Thanksgiving day, she is completely weened. She's handled it just fine. 
- She sleeps great at night unless something is bothering her... this week it's been a tooth and a cold. 
- We've gone back and forth about dropping the morning nap. She's able to skip it if we are busy, but if we are home I usually try to get her down twice. 
- She is into everything. It's pretty hard to be productive while Emma's awake. If I try to fold laundry, she unfolds all my piles. If I pick up toys, she goes right behind me and pulls more out. If I mop the floor, she throws her entire meal on the floor. There is no chance of sewing as the second I turn my head, she has climbed up on the table/couch, or rocking chair. She is fun though! 

Happy Birthday Emma Jean! 







1 comment:

Kari said...

Love the pic of her reading her book to the dog! Happy birthday sweet Emma!