I have a little bit more help around the house now... well, not really. Samuel now has a chore chart that he works on every day (with a little help). He has always loved helping. It was time to give him more independence and let him be responsible for a few chores each day. I saw this set up on Pinterest and had great intentions of creating one 6 months ago, but finally stopped trying to make it cute and got it done! He loves doing his chores (I hope that continues, although I doubt it will :)).
Along with his chore chart we created a money tin that has three sections, one for spending, saving, and sharing. He gets three coins ("gold doubloons" thanks to Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney Channel) and puts one in each slot. When we go to church he takes the sharing section with him, when we go to the grocery he takes the spending section with him (although he said he wants to save it for a toy instead of candy, so he has yet to spend any), and the rest stays put.


7 comments:
THIS IS FABULOUS!!! I think I shall steal your idea. :-) Thanks for sharing.
Cute ideas! I love it. D&E fight over whose turn it is to do the silverware.... if only they were so eager about all the things they are capable (but not so willing) to help me do!
Wish there was. "like" button! Cute ideas!
Leslie, you're so creative! Sam has such a sweet spirit, and I'm sure he'll continue to enjoy "helping" you and doing his chores, and adding to them! And Emma will soon be following in his footsteps!
You are an incredible Mom!!!! Way to go Les, you are indeed creative and that's so neat, like Sue said, to encourage his sweet desire to help. This is really fun. :)
Leslie, I love the chore chart! You are a great Momma!
This is so cute! I need to do this soon!
Post a Comment