Friday, May 11, 2012

Rice Play

Somehow we have ended up with an excessive amount of rice in our pantry. So, I let the kids "cook" with it one evening. They had a blast pouring it from one container to another, using measuring spoons, funnels, anything they could find. They were entertained for the whole time I cooked dinner. The only problem was, we were stepping on rice for the whole next week no matter how well I thought I had cleaned up. I learned a few lessons... 1) lay down a sheet (the towel was not big enough) and 2) put Emma in the high chair. When Emma was done, she just got up and moved on to the next activity dragging little pieces or rice everywhere she went. :) 
Despite the look on Emma's face, she really did enjoy it. She just did not care to be interrupted for pictures... 





 Day 2, lesson learned, in the high chair...

 Great hand eye coordination practice...

No comments: