My posts are lagging behind here. We've been so busy. But I don't want to forget about these happy moments with my little family, so I'll try to catch up a little.
We got to stay home for Christmas this year, which is something we have always loved doing. Buds parents came to us for the week and we stopped by Gigi and dodos for a quick "merry Christmas" that afternoon (we celebrated with them earlier in the month). The kids really understood the Santa thing a little more this year, although we don't really talk about it much. They didn't want to go see him at the mall though because Emma doesn't like "mascots" and Samuel wasn't so sure either. :) We also loved having papa not traveling and Samuel home from school for two weeks straight! We enjoyed a Christmas Day service at our own church and had fun just hanging out. We all came down with some variation of the flu during Christmas week, so it was nice to lay low for a few days.
We took advantage of Samuels time at home to try some projects that I found on Pinterest. This "indoor snowman" was a complete flop, but Samuel still had fun playing with the concoction.
We took everyone to see the lights at opryland hotel.
Emma was the only one who wanted to ride the train.
Making cookies for Santa...
And eating the icing.
"Santa clause been here! Santa clause been here!" (Probably only a few of you will get that reference. :))
They really were excited, despite the looks on their faces.
Lily slept through most of the present opening, but at least she got to sleep in grandmas arms.
We all went to see frozen. It was really cute and everyone enjoyed it (and thankfully lily slept through it).
Samuels teacher gave us a list of some things to do during the weeks off. One was to write letters, numbers, shapes, etc in flour. It kind of got out of control. Ending with them sticking their whole faces in the flour.
Love little lily smiles...
Emma got some craft supplies for Christmas and has loved working on projects.
The big kids occasionally happily play together. I always have to capture these moments with a picture since they are few bad far between.
Merry Christmas friends and family!!



















4 comments:
Such a fun post. Love the "Yours, Mine, & Ours" reference - just watched that with Anna & Abi. Great pictures.
Love seeing all the pictures! Glad to know I'm not the only one posting Christmas pictures this late into January, ha!
We really enjoyed our week with you at Christmas. I love Emma's concept of Santa as a "mascot." We're so glad that they understand the real meaning of Christmas, along with the "fun" part of Santa and gift giving. Christ is the greatest gift of all. Thank you for a wonderful week of fun, and getting to meet Lily, finally! I so enjoyed holding her in my arms and watching her sleep, and seeing her respond when I talked to her. What a wonderful blessing grandchildren are! You are doing an awesome job of parenting and it is such fun watching Sam, Emma and Lily grow into the people that God intends for them to be.
I love the picture at the theater of me and Bud both looking at our cell phones! :)
Post a Comment