Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thank you family!

My family has been with us for the past week +, but today we are on our own. It was great to have company in the hospital and to have help around the house.

My mom is amazing! She cleaned, cooked, pulled weeds, and bought all our groceries. She was willing to do anything we needed. And, of course, she took care of Samuel and helped me adjust to and learn how to be a mom. Every morning she would come get Samuel so that I could get a few hours extra sleep.

Alyssa (aka sister big) was here until this morning as well. We appreciate her taking Clara for a run every morning and stalling Samuel off between feedings. It was also extremely helpful being able to ask Alyssa about any medical questions... especially considering Samuel's respiratory issues. I'm sure she got sick of us asking, "Is that an okay sound he's making?"

Lauren and Dad were able to come for the weekend. It was great to watch them love on my son. I really appreciate the effort it took for them to come out here and keep us company during the first few days of Samuel's life.

Thanks for the help! We will miss you all! So, today is our first day without help. Bud is "working from home" (responding to a few emails or phone calls and maybe going in to sign papers after work hours) for the rest of the week. So, far we're doing okay on our own. We have been extremely lazy, but that's what's expected of us right now. I'm really looking forward to getting into more of a routine over the next couple of weeks. But, for right now, I'm requiring myself to take it easy and not over exert myself! It has really been a sweet time of getting to know Samuel and hanging out as a family!

2 comments:

Scott Abbey Harrison and Henry said...

What a blessing to have your family help you so much. I want to see more pictures.

JLP said...

The pleasure was all ours!! What a JOY being with you at the inauguration of this precious new season! You are both fabulous parents already - Samuel is blessed!