Monday, August 18, 2008
Welcome to Motherhood
I knew life would change when Samuel arrived... and it did. I understand now how, even though I'm a "stay-at-home" mom, the house won't be clean or even picked up and dinner may not be on the table every night as I had hoped would happen. The other day we went to Walmart. When we got home, Bud had to make a work call and was unable to assist with the groceries or the baby. So, I got the groceries and Samuel in the house and pull edSamuel out of his carseat only to find that he had pooped all over himself and the seat. So, as the groceries rot on the kitchen counter, I changed him and in the process he peed on the changing table. So, I cleaned up that mess and got him dressed in clean clothes. As I'm about to put the groceries away, Samuel starts screaming to be fed. I quickly put the milk away and fed him. I think it was about 2 hours later before all the groceries were finally put away and the carseat mess wasn't cleaned up until much later that afternoon/evening. I guess that was my welcome to motherhood :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Aren't you glad that you don't have to try to go to work too?!!!
Ahhh, I am glad that you got through that. I learn more and more everyday that my thoughts of having extra time on my hands to read, clean, etc. once I stayed at home is completely and ridiculously false. Keep those pics coming!
Welcome to the fun! I remember days like that---try not to have unrealistic expectations---things will get better as you adapt.
classic!!
I can't help but laugh! Welcome to motherhood, friend. :)
What a time! You are the ultimate multi-tasker. It's so crazy about baby days - the days last forever but the years fly by! Lovin' you and proud of you!
Post a Comment