Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Advertisement

We moved Samuel up to his crib and he's doing okay with it. The first night was rough, but last night he moved back into his old schedule... sleep at 10:30, wake at 3:30-4:30 and again at 6:30-7. I can't complain about that!

Since he was moved upstairs, I nurse him in his room... where there is no tv (obviously). So, I've been reading whatever book is closest to the rocking chair to entertain myself instead of watching tv. So, I've been reading The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones. It's a great childrens Bible if anyone is looking for a recomendation. In the process of telling the story of the different Bible characters (David and Goliath, Noah and the Ark, Moses and the Burning Bush, etc.) it tells how each of these stories points to the coming of Christ. Every single story ends with the promise of Christ's coming and our need for a Savior. Anyway, I'm enjoying reading it in the middle of the night and thought you might want to check it out as well.

P.S. Thanks Shawn for giving it to me :)

3 comments:

Little S said...

Isn't it wonderful!? I've already read it twice to Kellen. I'm glad you're finding encouragement during the wee hours of the morning!

Scott Abbey Harrison and Henry said...

I'm really hoping Harrison will get that for Christmas. I'm glad to hear Samuel is adjusting to his own crib. I know Harrison found it very comfortable.

Cindy said...

What a blessing to hold a new baby while you read of God choosing to come as a baby to save us! Thanks for sharing!