Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter

Yeah, I know, I'm way behind on my blogging... Sorry about that.

For Easter this year, Sam and I went to Nashville to visit my parents and sisters. We had a great time, but of course missed Bud/Daddy a lot.
We decided to fly... 9 hours in the car with Sam alone didn't sound very appealing to me. Especially after the last few car trips where Sam gets very frustrated about being in his seat for so long and screams... a lot. He did pretty well on the plane. Of course naps were difficult and the 3 hour delay didn't help, but we made it without any screaming episodes and only a little fussiness. Sam ate a lot of puffs and cheerios and nursed in the airplane bathroom while some old man was banging on the door (I forgot a nipple for the bottle I brought and it was a very crowded flight). He took his first 3 hour nap and slept in till 8:30 (we are usually up at 6:30) the day after we got home.

Sam got his own seat on the first flight... it was the only one (of 4) that had any empty seats.


We made ourselves at home in the Nashville airport.

All 6 of us headed to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens for their Easter festivities. Sam got to meet the Easter bunny and participate in his first Easter egg hunt.

Sam in his bunny hat... which he enjoyed watching float across the pond a few seconds after this picture was taken.

Sam touching the horticulture. For Sam this was literally an Easter EGG hunt. He found one egg only after his aunts guarded it from the other kids until he could get there. The rest of the eggs were gone within 30 seconds (literally) of the beginning of the hunt.

Sam with his one egg.
After touring the gardens and museum at Cheekwood we headed out to the Nashville zoo (which is a great zoo by the way... it's not too big, a lot of it is shaded, and there is a great playground for kids of all ages).

I know zoo pictures are always weird, but this was the weirdest and ugliest animal I have ever seen. It was a giant anteater. Sam couldn't make it all the way through the zoo. He got a decent nap in though.

Sam and Gigi with the giraffe.
They had this great outdoor room of mats for the little kids to play in. Sam loved it (obviously)!
Easter Sunday
I didn't get any pictures of him looking at his Easter basket... oh well.
Bunny ears from Great Grandma Chris.
Sleeping on the way home from church... holding on to his Bible of course.
Mommy and Sam... I love his blazer (Thanks Gigi)!
We were a little concerned that Sam and Holly wouldn't get along. Holly is often a grouchy old lady (11.5 years old) and we didn't think she would put up with Sam pulling on her tail, gouging her eyes and eating her ears like Clara does. But, she did great! She didn't just put up with it either, she actually enjoyed the attention and never once was mean to him. And, of course, Sam loved his Aunt Holly.
The End... I'm impressed you made it all the way to the end of this very long post :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Loved the pics- glad you made it through all those flights and had fun with your family!

Aunt Alyssa said...

Great pics! I especially love the reference to "touching the horticulture". Email me the link for your Picassa pics so I can order some if you get the chance.

Janelle said...

Gosh he is so cute Leslie!! Love the pics.

Alyssa said...

Happy 9 month birthday, Sam!!!!!!
Love, Aunt Alyssa