Last week we departed Northwest Arkansas for a bit of a mini vacation. We dropped Sam off in Nashville for "Gigi and Dodo Camp" during my mom's spring break and then headed to Philadelphia. So you might be thinking, "Why Philadelphia?" The reason... the Lutz family will soon be residents of the City of Brotherly Love because of Bud's job (still with Wal-mart). So, we headed there to look for a place to live and tour our new stomping grounds. We also looked at it as an Anniversary trip (It's no where close to our Anniversary, but we cancelled our Anniversary trip last year and probably will be moving around our Anniversary this year).
We had a good time, just the two of us. This was only the second time to leave Samuel since he was born. It was nice doing what we wanted, when we wanted, without worrying about naps or meals or keeping a one year old entertained. We ate at a lot of nice restaurants, did some of the touristy type activities (Liberty Bell, Art Museum, etc), slept in (well, till about 8... ), and toured the area for a place to call home.
We found some cute little suburb towns and ruled out city living because of the commute for Bud (his office is in the burbs). We now just have to find the perfect place for our little family. We are extremely sad to be leaving, but excited about the many opportunities available in Philadelphia...
- A zoo
- A Children's Museum
- 1.5 hours from the beach
- 1.5 hours from NYC
- 2.5 hours from DC
- Lots of wonderful local restaurants
- Lots of events... concerts, theater, symphony, etc.
- Tons of shopping (Trader Joes, Whole Foods, IKEA... just to name a few)
- Possibly a church with it's own building... we've never had this as a married couple :)
- And, a decent airport for our friends and family to come visit us and explore our new city!
I know you all probably are more interested in pictures of Sambo, but you only get a word post for now. I have to get the house ready to show... again (it's been on the market for less than two weeks and we have had at least 7 showings!).
Coming Soon...
- Pictures from Samuel's time in Nashville
- Pictures from Philly
- Pictures from our weekend at the lake with our friends who we will miss a lot :(
5 comments:
We're going to miss you guys!
WOW!! Congrats, that is so exciting! :)
Thanks for a great update! You're such a good writer. And yes, though I do know a lot of it already, I like to hear it from YOU! Looking forward to the pictures. Hope the house sells soon!
SO EXCITING!!! As one of your most dedicated followers, I appreciate the update ;). haha...but really, so fun to think of all the adventure in Philly. I'm pumped to visit and hope for a city of sisterly love as well. Sam's cute with the moving sign, but I can only imagine it's super sad to leave the amazing friends you have in AR. They are wonderful!
Awww, Leslie! I am so excited for you guys. Sounds like a great opportunity & adventure.
I'll be thinking about you as I'm sure it will be tough to leave.
Post a Comment