Can't believe we are already thinking about Sam's 2 year old birthday!! He is so much fun to be around (as long as he's in a good mood)! I love this age! Here are some new things he's been doing this month...
**pictures coming soon... someone is not cooperating**
- He is continuing to add words to his vocabulary! I tried to count how many words he knows, but I lost track after 25.
- He "sings." His favorite songs are "La La La" from Elmo and "Tractor Tractor" from Andrew Peterson (Thanks Abbey!).
- He runs everywhere and it's actually getting to the point that his run is faster than his walk.
- He pretend plays. He puts his toys "Nigh Night" by covering them with a blanket (or napkin... whatever is nearby) and pretends to feed stuffed animals and the bear end table we have in our rental home.
- He and Clara are best friends right now! He loves to grab her collar (her "belt") and drag her around the house. He tells her to get in her "house" before we go bye-bye and he brings her food bowl to me when its empty. He always wants to share his snacks or dinner with her, though he's usually not allowed to do so. He also gives her kisses before going to bed and gives her a blanket to cover up with when he thinks she needs to sleep. Clara is a good sport!!
- He knows a few more letters (O and H), though we've spent more time working on colors lately. Right now everything is "ellow" (yellow) first, then "bue" (blue), then "ee" (green), and sometimes "oge" (orange) and "ed" (red). He at least recognizes these words as colors :). He also learned the number 8. He recognizes an 8, but also labels any number as 8 at first.
- My favorite "trick" is for him to show us his muscles. He grunts and flexes in the cutest way ever!!
- We've been working on swimming lately as well. He's not scared of the water at all (that's scary for me!!). He loves to blow bubbles, jump/slide in off the side, and go back and forth between papa and I (or Gigi and I). He can move his arms and kick his legs in swimming motions, but forgets to do so when he's under water. He holds his breath under water really well! I've been trying to get him to float on his back, but he hates it. He can do it, but screams the whole time. I'm just glad he loves the pool so much because I want to go a lot this summer!!
2 comments:
tractor tractor is one of Harrison's all time favorites. He really thinks they are funny at the end of the song when they mix up the words.
I can't believe he's getting so big...
Post a Comment