Friday, July 9, 2010

Decision Made

So, the results are in... 65% said we should find out B2's gender, 34% said we should not. However, we are going with the minority :) Sorry to disappoint the masses!

I really wanted to find out with Sam and hadn't really thought of not finding out with the second. But, Bud brought it up (I think he's trying to save money :)) and I've started thinking it could be fun.

I don't really need to do as much preparation with this baby anyway. We have all neutral gendered baby gear. Since Sam and baby will be sharing a room, I won't need to decorate a nursery until the baby moves out of our room (which will likely be when he/she is sleeping really well at night... in other words, a while). And, with online shopping, I can order boy or girl clothes from the comfort of my warm home once baby arrives.

So, for now, I'm looking for a few neutral sleepers and long sleeved onesies/pants (which are really hard to find!!) and looking forward to seeing pics of B2 next Friday (I think we are going to have an ultrasound then, although it might just be a meet the new doc appointment).

I have some pictures of my boy to post, but my camera isn't cooperating with my new computer. I'm hoping to get that fixed today!!

4 comments:

Heather T said...

no!!! :( i was looking at baby clothes today and you are the 2nd pregnant friend of mine that isn't finding out their baby's gender...that makes it so hard to buy cutesie baby gifts right now!!!

Amy said...

Awe man! :) That will be fun to wait and see. I hope you like your new doctor.

Little S said...

Yea!! It is SO much more fun this way. Can't wait to meet Baby #2!

Sara A. said...

I voted "no" that you shouldn't find out! Easy for me to vote that way since I had no self restraint and had to know with Allison!! Our girls share a room - I was in the same boat as you - not having to decorate a nursery. Fun to know that it will be a surprise!