Bill leading the way... Samuel thought this was hilarious :)
The drive was uneventful. Clara has some meds to help with the 13+ hours in a car and an overnight in a hotel. It was marvelous! Sam played with his new "Muzz" (Buzz Lightyear) and Woody toys (Thanks mom!), "Ba Bill" (an old favorite), slept and ate the whole way. No movies the whole way!! Partially because he was content, but mostly because Bud and I wanted to listen to our road trip playlist :)
I think our house is going to work out great... we found it on Craigslist and signed the lease without ever seeing it. But, there were no major surprises upon moving in last week (no surprises, but plenty of drama... more on that later). The neighborhood is great... lots of young families. We've met several of the neighbors and they have been very helpful in offering suggestions for restaurants, grocery stores, nursery schools, etc. and even brought us lunch on moving day. Our back yard is perfect for a toddler and a dog... complete with hammock, tree swing, and pond (Sam wanted to blow bubbles in it this morning :)).
I will hopefully get back in the routine of posting on here more regularly now that we are settling in. I have a lot of catching up to do :)
P.S. We got chinese food last week and my fortune cookie read "You will make many changes before settling" - I thought it was appropriate :) Hopefully, the changes have already been made and we can get on with the settling!
5 comments:
Well this post makes me very depressed! Not for you but for me! I'm glad the neighborhood seems to be great so far! We miss you guys!!
I agree with Kari. It's great to hear that things are going well so far, but I've been missing you guys quite a bit.
Oh, and your gift was FABULOUS!! I LOVE the Tea dress (my favorite brand), and I'm so glad to have the Bible and book. You are awesome.
Thanks so much for posting. I'm so glad to hear that everything's going well and you're getting settled.
Glad you made it and that your house was what you expected! I'm glad there are potential friends in your new neighborhood. that's great.
I'm glad you are there safely! Keep us updated. We miss you!
Post a Comment