Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wonderful Weekend Get Away!!


Last weekend, I headed to Chicago to visit Sister Little, BY MYSELF! Bud got his first opportunity to have Samuel alone for the whole weekend! He was very glad to see me on Sunday afternoon, but they had a great time together. :) Lauren and I had a great time visiting the city, shopping, talking girl talk, and watching a movie that ended after midnight (I know, we are SO crazy!). It was great to not have to work around nap time or anything while I was gone and so good to catch up with Lauren. Looking forward to hanging out again at Thanksgiving. Thanks for a great get away Lauren!! I look forward to many more girl's only trips in the future... too bad it will likely be over a year before I'm baby free again. :)

The boys did great while I was gone as well. They ate out a lot, watched a lot of football, ran errands, and Bud taught Sam to go potty on the "big boy toilet." I left the good camera for Bud to take pictures while I was gone, but he didn't take any. I took the old camera, but forgot to charge the battery. So, no pictures for this post until Lauren sends me the few we took on her camera.

2 comments:

Amy said...

so fun! Kid free weekends are so refreshing.

Cindy said...

Sooo glad you had a fun sister time! Glad the men did well during their guy time at home, too.