Friday, February 4, 2011

2 Months Old

Emma is such a wonderful baby! We have really enjoyed getting to know her more the past two months. These monthly posts are mostly for my own records, so sorry if I bore you with the details. I wasn't able to capture a great smile, but I got some cute serious pictures...


Since, she was wearing her "Little Sister" shirt, we had to put Samuel in his "Big Brother" shirt...
- By the way, her whole outfit in this picture is 3-6 months size. I've been putting many of her 0-3 month clothes into storage and all of her newborn clothes are long gone. She's growing too fast! We go on Tuesday for the official weigh in.
- Emma is not really too snuggly. She sleeps best swaddled in her crib, not snuggled in my arms. And, when awake, she enjoys laying on her play mat or laying on my knees where she can flail her arms and kick her feet.
- Smiling... between 5 and 6 weeks
- Rolled from tummy to back... 7 weeks. She did this several times one day and then not again until today. I think she forgot how to do it for a while there :)
- Emma is pretty set on the eat, awake, nap pattern. She's usually only awake for about an hour at a time, but then sleeps for 2-3 hours.
- She doesn't sleep real soundly, but is content in her crib. She hangs out for a while before falling asleep, grunts and squirms in the middle of naps a few times, but always falls back asleep and in all sleeps a long time. I always think she's about to get up, and then she falls back asleep for another hour!
- During the day she eats every 3 to 4 hours (or even longer) and then cluster feeds every two hours in the evening before bedtime.
- At night she sleeps from 11 to 5ish and then until about 8 or 9, or even later. She loves to sleep in! :)
- She got sick for the first time at 6.5 weeks. It was so hard to watch her be so uncomfortable, but she handled it well. She slept a little more than normal (no complaints there!) and even smiled while I sucked snot out of her nose. We are so grateful that although she sounded awful, she was protected from more serious sicknesses and was just diagnosed with a cold.
- I have started to get out with the two of them more. I'm not sure if the snow or the extra child has made things more difficult, but it takes us forever to get out the door. But, once out, both kids handle our errands and outings pretty well. The hardest part is not being able to multi task... I can't put Samuel on the potty and Emma in her seat and get the car warmed up all at the same time :)
We are looking forward to showing Emma more of the world around her as spring arrives... just around the corner according to our local groundhog. :)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for the wonderful update, Les. It's such a blessing to catch a glimpse of Emma's days through your post. We miss you and we're excited to see you all soon! (p.s. Glad Sam seems to be enjoying her more:))

Cat said...

Emma is getting so big! What a cutie... Keep those pictures coming!

Little S said...

So cute!! Sounds like she is a good sleeper. Makes for a happy mama. :)