Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Newest Project

Updated: Tutorial can be found here.

I'm so proud of myself. :) I'm not very good at crafts. Usually I don't finish projects and do things half heartedly when I try, but I've really gotten into it lately. Something about needing entertainment when stuck at home with snow and/or sickness has made it appealing to me. Here's my latest project...

They are "baby legs," basically leg/arm warmers like we wore in the 80s for those of you who aren't familiar with them. I had bought one pair for Emma and LOVE them, but couldn't bring myself to pay $12 for the name brand, or about $7 on Etsy.com, so I looked up how to make them. It took about 20 minutes and $2 for a pair of knee socks, needle, and thread.
Emma modeling... Also showing off her newest headband...
Samuel modeling his, as he calls them, "baby arms"...
Neither of them were thrilled about modeling today, but they obliged. :)

3 comments:

kate said...

Love them! I think I need a tutorial. :)

Kari said...

So neat Leslie!

Little S said...

Cute! I never thought about using them for arms. I agree with Kate, you should post a "how to" blog. :)