Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cherry Blossom Festival

We headed down to DC for the annual Cherry Blossom Festival. I've heard wonderful things about this festival, so we had to check it out since we were so close (2.5 hours). I'm not sure if it was a success or not, but I'm glad we went (not sure if the rest of the family feels the same way :)).
Some fun things...
- The Cherry Blossom's were beautiful and in peak bloom!
- We got to meet up with a few friends from law school again.
- Samuel loved the dinosaurs (All "Rex"), whales, and elephants at the Natural History Museum.
- The monuments are quite amazing to see in person! Even though I've seen them before, it's still really neat to be there.
- The new double stroller worked amazingly and I think will be quite a great investment for us. We got the Phil and Ted for anyone who's interested.
- Washington DC is just a fun place to be. So much to see and do. I look forward to going back sometime soon!
Things we learned for next time...
- Stay 2 nights. The kids would have done A LOT better had we been able to take a break in the afternoon to nap/relax a bit. And we wouldn't have been as miserable driving three hours with a screaming baby if we hadn't been exhausted from walking all day.
- Plan around the weather (if possible). It was a bit rainy, but bearable. Sam did not like the wind. Everytime it blew in his face he screamed dramatically, "Get out the way!" and "Like it!" (which actually means "I don't like it!").
- Bring a babysitter so we can have some adult time and decent food... kid friendly restaurants are not the most delicious. Maybe not realistic, but we shall see :)

This little poncho was made by my Grandma for my big sister. Very sentimental and cute too! Thanks for bringing it up mom. I really love it!
Check out more pictures in my Facebook album.

1 comment:

Amy said...

"Like it!" that made me laugh. :)