Monday, May 23, 2011

Morris Arboretum

We had our church play group at the Morris Arboretum last week. We went on National Garden Day so admission was free, but it was so beautiful I think we might get a membership. Sam loved it and was sad to leave. Emma was a good sport and napped well in the Moby wrap. :)
These nets are 50 feet up in the air. In the treetops. It took some convincing to get Sam to try it out, but he liked it in the end.

Following the big kids...
He jumped in before I got a chance to take his shoes off...
And, wanted to blow bubbles in it. This was a "No Sam... wait a second, stay there while I take a picture... Don't do that again." moment. :)
The water was freezing, too cold for me! But, the kids could have cared less.Picnic lunch. It was a beautiful day!!


Of course, Sam would try to drink the water :)
We will probably have more pictures of this place soon. I'm hoping to go back to see more soon.. including the train (it was not running this day), the rose garden, and the swan pond. Might be a good setting for Emma's 6 month pictures. :)

2 comments:

kate said...

Is it bad that I get sad when I see you with your new church friends? All that aside, that place looks awesome, and Sam is just such a big boy!!

Little S said...

Looks like a super fun place. The water pictures remind me of our church picnic. Which is coming up...you will be missed!!