We headed out on the 2 hour journey to the beach for the fourth of July weekend. I love that the beach is only 2 hours away! Mom and dad went with us, making this trip very relaxing and enjoyable for all.
Bud and I were able to go out on several dates, sleep in a few times, and enjoy some time on the beach without kids.
Mom and dad got to have mountains of sand dumped on them by Sam, go on some dates with the grands, and enjoy some quiet time at the house while the kids slept. Thanks mom and dad for coming with us!
Emma really didn't react much to the water, but was a pretty happy beach bum. She looked adorable in her swim suits and sun hat, ate a ton of sand, and took several naps en route to/from the beach.
Sam was terrified of the waves! I mean screaming like a little girl kind of terrified. But, he was so excited about building sandcastles and loved playing in the tidal pool that was there one day.
Neither child was cooperative with my photography ideas. So, we ended up with very few "portraits", but we captured the memories of our time at the beach with several snapshots.
Love Sam's concentration in this picture...
My absolute favorite from the whole weekend...
3 comments:
I think these pictures are beautiful, Les! And I love the ones you sent me on Kodak gallery, too. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Wish I could have been there! You have such adorable children! Can't wait to see them in 2 months!
Happy moments at the beach with your family were our greatest summer highlights, Les. We loved it!
Alyss, how about joining us for beach fun 2012?! We're so excited you're coming home soon.
We finally got internet at our new house, so I can catch up on blogs. Love these pictures! Emma is absolutely adorable!! I'm sad that we missed you guys in AR...and by only a few short days. :(
I really enjoyed your photography challenge. Maybe you should take up a side job taking pictures. :) You are talented!
Hope you guys are having a great summer!
Post a Comment