Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

We celebrated with friends this year. Although we missed our families, we had a great time hosting these sweet families! We still tried to maintain some of the Pfister/Lutz family traditions... 
- LOTS of food... we had 9 adults and 7 kids and are still eating leftovers, and we sent leftovers home with everyone too!
- A Gobble Wobble/Turkey Trot... ended up being a stroll around the neighborhood, but we tried. 
- The Turkey Bowl... really just watching the neighborhood families game, since our kids were too young to participate. But, Sam enjoyed catching, throwing, and tackling with Mommy and Papa. 
- Football watching... Go Cowboys!
- Three kinds of homemade pies!! Yummy! 

Now, for some pictures. 
 Some of the adults while the other adults watched all the kids (Thanks Crowes!). 

 Emma with her babysitters 

I love this picture! Lizzie loves taking care of Emma! She's not choking her, just trying to get her to look at the camera and smile. :) 






At the end of the night, we told Sam to go read a few books in bed before we could come in and go through our night time routine. When we came in, he had ALL his books on his bed. :) 

1 comment:

Kari said...

Fun Thanksgiving! I'm jealous that you got to stay home. Although, I'm sure you would have loved seeing your family. 10 days until I see you!!!