Saturday, February 18, 2012

"the skating game called hockey"

Samuel has been obsessed with ice skating ever since he watched the predators play hockey with Dodo at Christmas time. He picks out his socks based on which socks allow him to "skate" on the wood floor best. We decided to give real ice skating a try. I had no idea what his reaction would be... He was so excited to go, but I knew there were aspects of it that would scare my cautious little guy. He was very unsure at first, hated falling, and would not let me let go of him the first time around. I had to convince/force him to go out again after we took a break. But he improved, I could actually let go of him and he pushed his cone around a but. He still screamed (or screeched) every time he fell (which was rare because I usually caught him when he got unsteady before he hit the ice... My back is killing me), but said, "mommy I'm having fun" even though his facial expressions didn't show his enthusiasm. I think it was a success.

Emma and papa watched from the bleachers until Emma fell asleep in papa's arms. I was a little jealous that he got to cuddle a sleeping Emma. :)

The title of this post is what Samuel prayed a few nights ago... "thank you God for that skating game called hockey and thank you for my baby sister. Her name is Emma."

4 comments:

Kari said...

Way to go Samuel! I'm excited for my girls to reach this more adventurous stage!

JLP said...

Yeah Sam! You look great on the ice with the Predator Jersey! I'm glad you like that skating game called hockey and I'm thrilled that you love your little sister.
Dodo

Christina said...

Yay Sam! He looks like he is having so much fun!

Little S said...

I'm sure Kellen would have reacted in the same way. :) His prayer is too sweet!