Sweet Emma Jean is potty trained! We have had no big accidents since last Saturday! Yay! She is still in diapers at night, but woke up dry two nights ago and only slightly wet last night. I'm not ready to make her go all night... Mostly because she is still in a crib and it's a little cruel if she can't get to the potty on her own if she needs to go. But she has made it through nap times in underwear with no accidents, so bedtime will follow soon. Some notes I want to remember about this process with Emma...
- everytime she had a "success" she would say "I so proud of you"
- everytime we ask if she needs to go she says, "no already went"
- i started by putting her on the potty every twenty minutes, but quickly learned that she wasn't going to do anything unless she initiated it.
- we started on Monday, it was Sunday before she was accident free... I think part of that was that I slacked off in watching her closely later in the week.
- we started with stickers and skittles as rewards early in the week, but she couldn't have cared less about the rewards so we dropped them by Tuesday afternoon. Except that Samuel would reinforce the rewards, he cared about the consistency more than she did. :) it's not that she didn't want the candy, she just didn't connect it to going potty. She loved the candy and was very disappointed when she only got one.
- the process was so different with her than Samuel. She has already progressed from the baby potty, to the potty on the seat, to public potties, and holding it through nap time. A process that took Samuel months, although if I remember correctly he caught on more quickly at first.
We are so proud of her! (and thrilled to not be buying diapers anymore!)


4 comments:
Yay! Go, Emma! I so proud of you, too! ;)
Way to go Emma (and mama)!
Congrats Emma and Leslie! He potty trained soooo quickly!
Wow! Way to go, sweet Emma! In all things in life, I know that if you put your mind to something you will do it fabulously! Love you!
Aunt Lo Lo
Post a Comment