Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We decided to take a short trip to Tulsa this weekend. It was a good trial run to see how car trips will go with a newborn. We brought so much stuff with us! Some of which we did not really need, but it was good to figure that out. Samuel did well in the car... he likes his car seat most of the time, so that's nice. His crying spells could be quieted with a pacifier or bottle for the most part. It was a great trip for Samuel... we went to a friend's (Kari's) parents house and hung out by their pool and watched football. It was easy to continue our normal routine at their house instead of home. I wasn't able to relax by the pool as much as I would have without him, but Kari's mom held him inside during a couple of naps so I wouldn't miss out on anything. Samuel doesn't like to take naps in his crib, so we couldn't lay him down and use the monitor. I didn't think this weekend was a good time to push that :) He'll learn soon enough. He did great at night... slept a 5 hour stretch (10pm to 3am)... the problem was we didn't go to bed till after that 5 hour stretch, so we didn't get to enjoy that uninterupted sleep.

Here's some pics of Samuel relaxing by the pool (early in the morning before it got hot). We tried to let him swim, but the water was too cold for him and he let us know that he didn't like it pretty quickly.

Samuel relaxing in the air conditioning.

Gigi and Grandaddy (my parents) also came out to visit from Sunday to Monday. They loved holding Samuel, playing dress up with him, and giving him a bath. We (mostly Gigi, but we all helped) got Samuel to smile (or at least react to us socially... you might not call it a smile, or it could have been gas) a few times, but could never catch it on camera. They also babysat so that Bud and I could go out on a breakfast date.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

if he doesn't take naps in his crib, where does he sleep? I don't get it...
LP