Sunday, August 1, 2010

Birthday Boy

My little boy is 2!! Being new in town, we had a pretty low key birthday celebration this year. But, I think he still felt pretty special. I put down the shopping list and the to do list and celebrated in toddler style!

His 2 year old picture with hump...

A trip to a fabulous nearby park...
He could have cared less about the rest of the playground once he saw this car...
Cupcake after lunch... (I'm a softee, what can I say :)).
Skype with Grandma and Grandpa...
We picked up Gigi and Dodo at the airport. That was a definite highlight for Sambo...
Papa had to help with the candles...
Samuel's "Tar" (guitar) cupcake (His birthday had a very musical theme)...
Mmmm, good!!
New Piano... a definite hit!
A "tar!"... one very happy little boy!!
He loves his new instruments! He loves to play along with any music that he hears or make music of his own!

Happy Birthday Samuel! I can't wait to see you when you wake up tomorrow!!

8 comments:

kate said...

Oh my goodness, Leslie!! These pictures are FABULOUS!! And Sam is going to break some girls' hearts in the years to come. I'm so glad his 2nd birthday was great, and it definitely looks like you celebrated right. I just wish I was there with you all!! Let's catch up soon!! I need to know how the house is AND how you and B2 are doing!!

Cat said...

Happy birthday, Sambo! Wish we were there to help you celebrate! (btw, I CANNOT believe you're TWO!)

Kari said...

Missing that cute face! Happy birthday sambo! love, K-K

Leslie, your pics are great! Did you get a new camera? I love the one of Sam at the park!!

Leslie said...

I did get a new camera! My parents gave me the same one you have Kari for a housewarming gift!! I haven't had much chance to play with it yet, but I think I'm going to like it a lot!!

Lauren said...

Whoa! Hadn't caught up on the blog in a while. Seriously, AMAZING pics of Sam! So cute! You should submit them to "way presh pictures of kids magazine" or something! They're awesome...mostly because he is captivating and adorable. Happiest Birthday to Sambo!

Little S said...

Happy Birthday little man!! Kellen still asks about you. :(

Sara A. said...

Awww - Samuel is looking cuter than ever! And is getting so big! It looks like he had a great 2nd b-day! Those cupcakes looked so yummy and what a fun theme!!! I hope you guys are settling in okay. We know what it's like to be in a new place. It's great your parents came out to visit Leslie!! Hope you guys are doing great!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Sam! Looks like a great day. I'm glad your parents have been out to visit already- that's so fun. And Florida! you've been busy! Hope you're feeling well.