Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Weekend in Nashvegas

As I said, we were in Nashville for Easter this year. We managed to pack in the fun, while still being flexible and it was the perfect blend for the kids. We headed to an Easter egg hunt at a local park, but the crowds were crazy so we decided to avoid that craziness. We passed a sign for a church Easter festival and it turned out to be just right for Sam. Although, we didn't make it for the actual egg hunt, we enjoyed the other festivities.
Especially the train!
Not, such a big fan of the Easter bunny, but we managed a high five.
Emma forgot her hat (okay, I forgot her hat :)) so she borrowed brothers. I think it looks cute on her.
And, there was a bit of dancing.
Sam also loved the bouncy houses, but didn't quite understand the concept of waiting in line and not jumping for long because of the line.
Back at Gigi and Dodo's house, Sam figured out how to open Rocket Bird on the Ipad.
Dodo took Sam and Emma down to the lake.
Gigi got Emma to giggle! :)
And, we dyed Easter eggs thanks to Lauren and Wei Chi's thoughtful gift to Sam. He really enjoyed it.
Emma also learned to play the piano.
Bud and I managed a few dates while there. But the highlight was a double date with Lauren and Wei Chi. Mom and Dad treated us to babysitting, dinner, and the symphony! It was such a treat to get to see/hear the symphony. I kept watching the harpist... it totally reminded me of playing back in the day... play for one measure, count for 52, play another chord or two, count for 126 measures, and done. :) The featured violinist was amazing. I kept thinking about taking Sam someday! Can't wait!! Thanks Mom and Dad.
Of course, we also celebrated Easter while there. But, that will be another post for later. I know I'm keeping you all on the edge of your seat... :)

2 comments:

Kari said...

What a great date!! So glad your parents are willing to do that for you guys!

Little S said...

What a sweet picture of Emma and her giggles! When are you headed back to AR so I can meet that precious girl?!?