2 Corinthians 5:6-8 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
My Grandan went home to be with the Lord last Saturday evening. We had the opportunity to visit with him three weeks ago. As busy as that weekend was, I'm so glad I was able to spend that time with him and introduce him to his only great granddaughter.
We were able to make the trip to his funeral this weekend. It was a sweet time of reminiscing about our time spent with Grandan, who he was, and how well he loved us all. I greatly enjoyed my time spent with Grandan... as a child we laughed at his jokes and rough housed, as a pre-teen we built models and worked on puzzles together while he taught me the strategy behind solitaire on the computer, as a teen and young adult I enjoyed conversing with him about books, history, politics, and sports, and as a mother I looked forward to introducing my children to Grandan. He always looked out for us, protected us and loved us well. We will miss Grandan, but are comforted by the fact that he is no longer suffering, no longer in pain, and is home with our Lord!
This is one of my favorite pictures of all time!
Laughing with Sam - September 2009
Samuel meet Grandan - October 2008
Grandan was an avid golfer for many years. Here he is teaching Sam the rules of the game. - July 2010
Samuel loved rough housing with Grandan - July 2010
This past visit, Grandan was sad to not be able to crawl around on the floor with the kids, but was still able to make them laugh.
Grandan and I, way back in the day.
Christmas 1989??
Though we wish we were gathering under happier circumstances, we enjoyed hanging out with our extended family. Cousin Daniel was wonderful with both my kids. Sam loved him!
Playing Superman with Aunt Lauren (who is now ENGAGED!!) in his Superman PJs.
Samuel had the privilege of leading the whole congregation in saying, "what we believe" (the Apostles Creed).



3 comments:
So sorry for your loss! These picture made me year up! I'm glad you have such great memories. And I LOVE that old pic of you! Ha!
Great tribute to a great man! Thank you so much, Leslie, for sharing your favorite memories and pictures of Grandan.
so special! This is awesome, Les! So many sweet fun Grandan moments!
Post a Comment