- Emma has had two, maybe three more ear infections since her last update. This makes 7 or 8 in the last 7 months... So, sad that I can't remember exactly how many. We go to the ENT next week to talk about tubes. :(
- She is trying so hard to communicate. She goes on and on in her own little language that no one understands. I love to hear her jabber.
- Emma has several words, but her stubborn personality makes it hard to know exactly how many. She has said several words a few times, but is too stubborn to stay them when asked. So, it's hard to know if it was just a coincidence or if she really knows the word. Also, a lot of her words sound the same. She definitely says... Dada (Sam/Brother), Baba (Papa), Deese (Please... while doing the sign language), Deese (Cheese... while holding camera), Dees (Cheers... while clanking glasses), Mama, Dee (Blankie... taken from "Gee" as Sam calls his), BaMaMa (Banana), Ba (ball), and Hi.
- She's not just walking now, she's running. She loves to be chased. I say, "I'm going to get you." And she crouches down and runs away giggling. It's a fun game.
- We are working on obedience a lot. I've always known that all kids are different, but wow! Samuel and Emma could not be more opposites in the way they respond to discipline and teaching. Emma really has been growing in this area a lot lately. She understands consequences, and sometimes decides to obey and other times decides the consequences are worth it. I will never forget the first time she laughed after I popped her little hand. I just love this strong little girl, she is a sweet mess! :)
- Emma is a charmer! People always comment about how happy she seams, even while in the doctors office for an ear infection. She definitely knows how to rise to the occasion and give her best to others. After she has been clinging to my leg, crying anytime I leave the room or put her down, and refusing to be content no matter how much I give in to her requests, we leave the house and she puts on a smiley, giggly show for anyone who will look her way. Thus, we often leave the house. :)
- She's got to be almost done teething. We are waiting on the last two fang teeth to finish their ascent, they are so close, and then she should be done... until the next set of molars come along.
- Emma has the greatest facial expressions, just a few that I've been able to catch on camera...
As much as this girl loves people, she's also fine going off by herself and a snack and being alone for a bit...
2 comments:
Precious post! I love hearing your mama heart. Praying God turns stubborn into steadfast. I recall another little girl who, when asked why she did something when she knew she'd get a spanking, replied, "I thought about it and decided it was worth it." Deja vu. That little girl turned out to be an amazing mama and godly, fun young woman. Enjoy the ride and be consistent.
She's a cutie! Her hair is really filling in. Isn't it strange how two kids can come from the same parents are be SO very different?! Good luck with your consistent discipline. We're in the same boat with our daughters. ;)
Post a Comment