Monday, April 2, 2012

Guster

Last Thursday, Bud and I shipped off the kids so we could go see Guster at a local theater. It was amazing! This band puts on a fabulous show. The venue was a fun, more intimate setting with seats (I'm old) and this was their "acoustic tour" which is just right up my alley. I want to go to another show now! The highlight... Whenever anyone requests this one song, Window, they "make it as uncomfortable as possible" and come into the audience to serenade them. We were so grateful to have the extremely obnoxious high school kids sitting in front of us, because they came right to us for this song. Although, it was a kid free evening, I kept thinking about how much Sam would have loved seeing the guitars, cello, and violin... my little musician. :) 

Not a great video, but you get the idea... 


We almost had to miss it because our babysitter had to cancel on us last minute. Thankfully, our friends had a very competent babysitter who was willing to take on all five kids. Samuel LOVED his first successful slumber party with Charlie. He keeps asking when he can sleep at Charlie's house again... and they actually did sleep! And, Emma did great sleeping in the pack and play and transferring. She was a little too tired to finish her lunch before falling asleep the next day though...

1 comment:

Kari said...

Well again, I'm super jealous that we couldn't join you guys! I've never been disappointed at a Guster concert! Glad the babysitter worked out!