We decided somewhat last minute to take a "weekend" trip to Nashville. It ended up being a really long weekend, thankfully. I wasn't ready to turn around and do the drive again to soon after arriving. It's supposed to take 13 hours, so we thought we would leave at noon (after Sam's school) and get in at midnight (we gain an hour going). I think we pulled in at 4:30AM, Philly time... oh well. At least all trips end eventually. :) My dad took off work Friday, so Bud and I had a whole day to ourselves! We toured lots of Nashville restaurants over the weekend, Bud played golf, enjoyed the hot tub, the kids and I went to the zoo and enjoyed some time just playing at the house. It's amazing how entertaining new (to them) toys can be. I love watching them play with my old toys... my old fire truck and space station were the biggest hits for Sam. I never was a girly girl. :)
On the way back, we broke up the trip a bit more, stopping for a long dinner in Knoxville with Bud's "best man" and his sweet family. We then drove till about midnight and stopped at a hotel more than half way home. The kids were much more pleasant on the slower trip home.
I guess I didn't take too many pictures at all, and took way more of Emma than Sam... Oops! :)
Anything to keep them contained...
Mmm, Ice cream!!This is how we kept Emma from getting into mischeif at dinner... she liked it.
The kids love morning cartoons on Gigi and Dodo's bed...
This play area at the zoo is fabulous for my clumsy one year old and my three year old who loves to pretend he is an ice skating hockey player. They loved flopping on this mat, tackling each other, and of course falling down on the "ice" because apparently all hockey players do is go really fast down the ice and fall down.
This is a copy of a picture we took of Emma about a year ago. She didn't care to be sitting in the hippos mouth as much this time...
The original...But, they loved running down the snake's throat...







4 comments:
I love comparison pictures. Emma has changed a ton!
Emma looks like such a little girl instead of a baby! So cute!
We adored having y'all!!! So fun finding happy Emma trails from your visit days / weeks later :)
Emma has grown up SO much--she's so cute! Also...thanks so much for the crotch shot of Emma on mom and dad's bed. I'm sure she'll appreciate that one years from now. ;) hahahah!
Post a Comment