Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Many updates needed...

I have been thinking about updating this blog for a while now, but have not found the time to do it yet. First, I need to write more about our trip to Nashville. I got interrupted by a crying baby before I could finish the post :) And, it appears as if the same thing is going to happen now... okay, I'm back.

We headed out to Nashville on the 9 hour drive last Friday. Samuel did great in the car. I'm glad I had Bud with me though... originally I was going to go by myself. I was able to sit in the back seat with Samuel and give him a bottle without stopping to feed him which definitely helped the trip go faster. He slept, played with his carseat toy, and ate most of the way without much fussing. As soon as we pulled of the highway, 10 minutes from my parents house, Samuel started screaming. It wasn't just a little fuss, or even a small yell, this was the loudest scream I had ever heard from him. We just tried to make it to their house figuring that once he was out of his carseat he would be better. However, he didn't stop when we got there. So, we came in with quite a bang :) He screamed for about an hour and then finally fell asleep. The trip home went off without a hitch. He was a little fussy when we got home and I figured that was because he missed the movement of the car... like we get rubber legs after being on a boat.

On Sunday night, my parents babysat for us while we headed out on a date. We went to downtown Nashville to some of the "honky-tonks" as my mom called them. We heard some good music and enjoyed hanging out without the boy, although it was hard to not talk about him the whole time. While walking around we saw Gene Simmons (from Kiss) and John Rich (from Big and Rich).

While in town, I also went shopping with mom AND LAUREN, kayaking with dad, on a double date with my parents (and Sam tagged along) and hung out at the house with my grandparents AND SISTERS. It was a great trip! I wish it was closer so we could do it more often. Bud took 3 days off work to make the trip... that made the visit a lot less rushed.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for making the journey. Y'all fill our home with abundant JOY! The cozy campfire was a quiet treat, Mimosa time with you and Laurie was sweet, Sambuca patio was great, just hangin-out family time was awesome.

Unknown said...

"shopping with your mom"??? "hung out at the house with the grandparents"??? How about your little sister was around for all of that, too! ;) it's okay. Had a blast with ya