Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1 Month Old

Emma is already one month old! It's hard to believe, but it's also hard to imagine life without her being a part of our family. She's been such a wonderful baby and I look forward to watching her grow up. I am taking her monthly pictures with the doggy that big brother made for Emma at Build a Bear and gave to her on her birthday.

Emma a few days old...

Emma at 1 month...

Over the past month...
- She's grown out of most of her newborn clothes and her newborn diapers.
- She's gained about 3 pounds... we don't have an official measurement until the 12th, but according to our estimates she weighs over 10 pounds already!
- She has moved her "fussy time" from between 1am and 3am to about 9pm to 11pm. Much easier to handle when Bud and I are not exhausted and trying to sleep!
- She's always been a good sleeper, sleeping in four hour chunks from the beginning. Now, she usually has at least one 6 hour sleep at night and has gone 7 hours a few times!
- Her umbilical cord stump finally fell off at 4 weeks and 1 day.
- We are working on the sleep, eat, awake pattern and she's starting to settle into this routine. At first it was impossible to keep her awake, but we now have about an hour of awake time after most feedings (until night time). She has even taken two naps in her crib today (on her pretty pink sheets :))!!

Now, for one of my favorite parts of the monthly posts... the rest of the photo shoot. I always like to see the pictures that are taken in between the good ones. I think they give a more realistic portrayal of what she's like as a one month old more than the "official," perfectly posed picture. :)

Falling over...
Pooping... probably.
Big stretch...
And, my favorite...

5 comments:

Kari said...

So glad we got to meet her!

kate said...

I absolutely love the last couple of pictures! I think it's so fun to add in the out-takes...and these are precious.

Cindy said...

Sweet Emma! These are all absolutely adorable!!! Her 1st month has gone so fast. The update is such a blessing Missin you all.

Sara A. said...

She's just adorable Leslie!! I think she looks so much like Samuel! Just precious!! I can't believe it's already been 1 month since she was born!

Claire and Jason Bintz said...

She is so beautiful! Already sitting up :)? I can't believe she's already 1 month old!!!