Sunday, January 30, 2011

2.5 Years

Today is Sam's two and a half year birthday! I have loved every stage thus far, and where we are now is no exception. Although, I could do without some of the terrible two tantrums. Some recent developments...
- He is starting to sing along to songs. His favorites are "Friend in Me," "Loves Me So" (Jesus Loves Me), and "Letters" (Either ABC's or M-I-C-K-E-Y).
- His vocabulary has exploded! Although, I still act as a full time interpreter for him and have difficulty understanding him much of the time myself. He's getting better though. Some of my favorite Samisms include... Mommy pick you up, Right Der (there), Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Tomato Poop (Soup), Peanut Butter Jelly Samwich and Toot too (Fruit), Mommy sit down play room floor (I don't really like this one, but I hear it a lot!), Mama checkin' E-mail (said in a southern accent... quite convicting!), Mama checkin' Facebook (yup, no more computer for me while Sam's awake), Hey Buzz (in a really deep voice). I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of right now.
- I love to hear him talk in sentences lately. He pauses between each word and often leaves connector words out. Just now he said, "Clara eat blue yellow football. No Clara! Gross!"
- He has several routines that he repeats. For example, when we say it's time for bed he says, "Read books, sing Lull-o-byes, Pray, Nigh Night" and when playing football he says, "Go-go-go, Tackle (while falling), get back up, brush it off, touchdown." All said with one breath.
- He loves to mimic others, whether it's Buzz, Clara or Emma. He pushes the button to put his wings out like Buzz, runs in crazy circles around the playroom like Clara, and says "mmm haa" (video coming soon) like Emma does.
-We build trash trucks out of Lego's and blocks all the time. I'm not really sure how to do this, but I try, and Samuel lets me know when my "trash truck" is sub par. We have been working on teaching Samuel new ways to voice frustration.
- He is getting better at playing by himself. Buzz is always a part of whatever he is doing as is some kind of truck or car. He also still enjoys playing his instruments and with any type of ball.
- He is finally starting to tolerate his baby sister more. He decided that when he had germs flowing from his nose, eyes, and mouth it would be a good time to start loving on her. Thus he got her sick, but she's getting better now and I love watching them interact. I was getting her to smile by saying, "I love your cute little nose," so Samuel added, "Love your cute little head, love your cute little pjs" (Etc) in a really high squeaky voice. It's so adorable and makes me laugh every time!

And, now for the out takes...
This has been his concentration face lately...
And, this is my "harp face"...


3 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Leslie! I'm so glad you're keeping up your blog! Sam is waaay too cute! I loved hearing his video song from toy story! We miss you guys. Come visit soon! We all want to meet baby Emma!

Kari said...

Love you Sambo!

Cat said...

Ha! Loved all his "Sam-isms". Tomato Poop being my favorite. :) Wish we were around him to hear all his chatting. Miss you guys!