Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Craft Projects

Thanks to Pinterest, I have begun to sew and am really starting to enjoy it. Although I still have a lot to learn, it's been fun to try new things and a great nap time activity. However, the cleanliness of my house is suffering from my new hobby. 

Here's what I've been up to lately... 
Shorts... tutorial found here. I love this blog's tutorials. They are pretty simple and she explains things really well. 

These blue ones are part of Sam's Halloween costume... 

I took this picture before adding the flower to the headband...

This dress only lasted for a couple of wears because it was impossible to get on and off of her. I need to work on adding zippers next I suppose.

 Samuel's guitar outfit... The pants are lined with sweat pant material, so they are super comfy. I used the tutorial here for the pants and got my inspiration from here.
 Trying out the pants, before I finished the shirt...
 Reversible...

 Again, inspired by Etsy. I still need to add a ribbon to it...

5 comments:

Kari said...

So jealous! You are talented! My sewing machine is broken but I asked for a new one for Christmas. Hopefully, Santa brings my wish! :)

Shaunna said...

Wow, Les! Those look great!!! I never thought I wanted to sew until I became a home owner & can never find exactly what I can picture in my head for home decor :)
(your family is adorable!)

Christina said...

Wow! I'm impressed, everything looks so cute!

Little S said...

Oh my! Those are fabulous!! I love the pants. Makes me want to break out the sewing machine again, although I don't know that I'm talented enough to make clothes.

Cat said...

I'm so impressed!!! Full-fledged sewing still overwhelms me...come back and teach me how!