Thursday, October 27, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend

Sam, Emma, and I took a trip out of town last weekend for a quick visit with Gigi, Dodo, and the Great Grandparents on the Pfister side. We tried to squeeze as much activity into a short amount of time as possible. 

Saturday we went to Sam's soccer game, then flew to Nashville, then to the Vanderbilt football game. We survived the flight... Sam was great. Sam loved the football game although I don't think he watched the game at all. He enjoyed climbing on the bleachers, eating snacks, watching parachuters land on the field, and the band. He was pretending that the bleachers were a piano and playing along with the band at one point.

 Sunday, We drove up to Indianapolis to visit Grandan and Grandma Chris. They were originally going to drive down, but Grandan was put on oxygen and couldn't make the trip. He was diagnosed with lung cancer in June and is dealing with the effects of the radiation treatment. Pray for his rest, comfort, and recovery. I am so glad we were able to go see them! Before we left we spent a few minutes by the fire, then breakfast at Pancake Pantry, drove the five hours during nap time, and enjoyed the evening with the family.


 Samuel's pulpit, of course...
 We always play Rumikub at Grandan's house. We never played this visit, but the kids enjoyed the tiles.

 Playing church with Grandan's portable oxygen cart as the pulpit...

 Playing peek-a-boo at the table with the white tablecloth...
 Sleepy girl...
 The hobby horse was a hit...


 Showing Grandan how the Ipad works...
 Samuel decided to just randomly take his shirt off and climb up on the bench.


 Anything to keep her quiet on the way home Monday...
 Tuesday morning we went to three different walk in clinics before finding one that would take a 10 month old with an ear infection. Then went to visit Great Grandma, did some shopping with Gigi, and packed for our flight the next morning.

Sam found a candy bar in Grandma's walker and Emma enjoyed pushing the walker around.
It was a very busy trip, but enjoyable too. Thanks for hosting us Gigi, Dodo, Grandan and Grandma Chris!

6 comments:

kate said...

Whew! I'm tired after reading that! But really, what a wonderful whirlwind weekend!! I can't believe how big and beautiful Emma is getting...and I'm praying for Grandan.

Amy said...

Love the black and white of you and Sam! Glad you're getting to see your family a lot.

Little S said...

These are some great pictures! And I agree with Kate, Emma looks so grown up!! When did that happen? :)

Alyssa said...

Great pictures! I love the one of Grandan with the two kids smiling. Also, Emma's pumpkin shirt you made looks awesome - definitely a pumpkin! Love it - you're so talented. So glad ya'll made this trip work - and that you documented it with pictures! I'd love to see the outtakes if you get a chance to email me the link.

Cindy said...

Thank you so so much for making the trip happen. Y'all certainly scatter joy wherever you are!! These pictures are precious. We loved every moment together.

Lauren said...

This is awesome! The kids are SO CUTE and I love seeing them with Grandan, Grandma Chris and Grandma. I'm sure you made their YEAR by visiting!! What a special time!