Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cheekwood's Treehouse Exhibit

The week+ after Lauren's wedding the kids and I stayed in Nashville to spend time with the family. We sure missed Lauren and Wei Chi. :) The one day I got my good camera out, we went to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens for their treehouse exhibit. They had 6 tree houses designed after book themes. 

We started with a picnic around the green fountain... 


 Then explored the tree houses. I think this one was designed around Lord of the Flies... It was shaped like a conch...

 This is the Walden treehouse, which was just a perfect quintessential tree house complete with loft and tree swing... And of course, doing finger plays on the treehouse porch with aunt Alyssa just makes it that much more perfect. :)

 Gigi loves to get my kids messy :) and they had a blast splashing in this creek...


 This was the Rainbow Fish treehouse, made sparkly with old CDs...

 I think this one was the Hobbit...
Of course, I didn't take any pictures from a distance of the tree houses, so you have to use your imagination. :)

No comments: