Monday, January 3, 2011

Top 10 of Twenty-TEN

I have had a few friends do a top ten or year in review on their blogs, so I'm copying. Thanks for the idea guys!

After the first one, these are in no particular order. But, of course the most exciting event of 2010 was Emma's arrival!
1. EMMA
We welcomed Emma on December 4th. She's been such a joy! More details about her first month coming in her one month old post later this week.
2. Finding out about Emma
In early April, we finally found out that Emma would be joining our family. After nine months of trying, we were overjoyed that God had blessed our family with this little girl in his perfect timing and in accordance with his perfect plan. The waiting reminded us again that God is in control of all things.
3. Vacation with the hubs - Philadelphia
After finding out that we being relocated to Philadelphia, Bud and I were able to take a "vacation" to see our new city without the kiddo. It was so great to get away for almost a week, just the two of us. Of course, I've already blogged about this, so you can look back at March for more details. :)
4. Watching Sam grow up
Sam has changed so much this year. I've loved watching him change and grow. He's gone from a five word vocabulary to telling "stories," given up diapers (during the day at least), learned colors, letters, etc., and so much more this year. I love watching him tell stories to his Buzz toy and using his imagination in his play. I'm planning on a two and a half year old post at the end of the month, so more details on his latest antics then.
5. Vacation with the hubs #2
Again, Bud and I got to get away to an overnight in downtown Philly thanks to Mom and Dad's visit.
6. Welcoming many babies
We had several friends welcome new babies this year and it was so exciting to celebrate with all of them! I wish we lived closer to share in the daily struggles and triumphs of becoming a new mom or adding to the family.
Here's Sam with his future girlfriend, Sarah. :)
7. Buying TWO new cars
Yup, you read that right. Moving to Philly was hard on our cars and it was evident within a few weeks of our arrival that both cars were failing us. So, within four months, we updated both our vehicles. This could be in my bottom ten as well, but it's fun to drive a new car and it will be nice to have reliable transportation for a while.
Honda Pilot
Honda Accord Crosstour
8. Watching God's hand work in every little detail of our move to PA
Although it's been hard to move away from our great friends, we saw God's hand in every little detail along the way. Everything from selling our house for the right price and quickly (especially in such a poor market), finding our housing here, and providing a church family here. Our church here has been so welcoming and we are so grateful for their generosity over the past month.
9. Vacation to Florida
In the midst of moving, we were able to get away on a vacation to Florida. We crammed a lot into a quick trip, but it was great to see family, hit the beach for a few hours, and just to get away from the chaos of moving.
10. Exploring a new city
We've enjoyed exploring the new sites and sounds of Philadelphia. Some of my favorites have been the Children's museum and the Art museum. There are still many more things on my list of things to explore in 2011!

3 comments:

kate said...

I LOVED reading your top ten! And I SOOOO wish that we lived closer so we could share struggles and joys of mommyhood and of course just hang out. I miss you a ton, and reading this reminded me of that. I can't wait for Emma's one month post and Samuel's 2 1/2 year old update as well! Keep em comin!! Love you all.

Cindy said...

It's such a treat to praise the Lord with you for Lutz family 2010. Your heart blesses me!

Sara A. said...

Really fun post to read! I'm so glad that you guys have had such a great time in Philly so far - and that everything has worked out so well! Hopefully we will be out that way sometime this year! Wishing you many more blessings in 2011!