Aunt Lauren joined us last weekend for a little race. I've been wanting to do a mud run for a while, so I looked up when the next one was once we got settled back in after our trip to Nashvegas. The Merrill Down & Dirty was in a week, so I called up Lauren to see if she'd like to join us and she jumped right in. It was such a fun race. Not only was there mud, there were obstacles, climbing walls, crawling through tunnels, rock walls, cargo nets, slides, and lots and lots of mud... oh yeah, and 5k of running. It was so fun, that I want to do another one... eventually!
Before...
After...
We also introduced Lauren to life as a family with young kids. We played with the kids a lot, went to a spinning class, went to the park, and Lauren worked way too much on our laundry, cleaning, etc! Thanks for all your help Lauren and for running with us! We're gearing up for the Merrill Down & Dirty Chicago 2013!



2 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! Do you guys have a color run in your area? Some of my friends just completed a color run and it looked like a lot of fun also. You should check into it.
This was one of my favorite weekends! I loved getting to jump (literally on the trampoline) into your family's life for the weekend-it was a joy and made me realize what an incredible gift Sam and Emma have in you and Bud! Thanks for letting me come spur the moment! We CAN'T WAIT to host ya'll for Chicago down & dirty OR color run next year!!! wh hooooo!
Post a Comment